Know Way. Know How.
For over ten years, Highlight has provided Development and Modernization, Secure IT and Mission Solutions for our federal government customers. We know the technology; we understand the way our customers and their stakeholders work; and we know how to implement industry best practices for development and services, delivering end-to-end solutions that minimize risk and maximize results.
Highlight is seeking an experienced Biotech Marketing & Outreach Director for the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Office of Extramural Research (OER), in Bethesda, MD. Hit the ground running to establish a brand identity and attract the right connections in support of the newly formed Small Business Education and Entrepreneurial Development (SEED) office.
You will drive strategies to connect biotech investors, investigators, and policy makers with the mission of SEED to engage health and life sciences small businesses in the development of innovative technologies that align with the NIH mission to improve health and save lives.
- Establish and oversee a comprehensive, multi-channel marketing strategy.
- Serve as a communication touchpoint for all SEED activities and facilitate information sharing across offices.
- Lead branding activities for the SEED office, including development of marketing materials and re-developing key websites.
- Develop connections, relationships, and partnerships between SEED and the biotechnology industry.
- Analyze and research organizations and identify targeted audiences to create new SEED opportunities.
- Develop strategies and implementation plans to publicize and promote the mission of the SEED across multiple audiences including biotechnology investors, investigators, and policy makers.
- Participate in the creation of communications materials across multiple formats (i.e., via written, electronic, and audiovisual formats) to different audiences.
- Work closely with subject matter experts and other colleagues to leverage knowledge and resources, ensure consistency of messages, and foster teamwork.
- Provide expert knowledge and input on the development and management of media campaigns.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Public Trust eligibility.
- 7+ years of experience in strategic communications field, including change management, public affairs, content development, social media implementation, digital or print media, or tactical communications and marketing.
- Possess deep understanding and familiarity with the small business and biotechnology sectors.
- Ability to work both independently and collaborative under tight deadlines to translate ideas and concepts into professional communication products.
- Health care experience required; biotech experience a major plus.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed