Know Way. Know How. For over ten years, Highlight has provided Development and Modernization, Secure IT and Mission Solutions for our federal government customers. We know the technology; we understand the way our customers and their stakeholders work; and we know how to implement industry best practices for development and services, delivering end-to-end solutions that minimize risk and maximize result.
Highlight is seeking a Sr. Communications & Marketing Strategist to support strategic outreach and communication efforts for the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Office of Extramural Research (OER) in Bethesda, MD. You will work alongside NIH staff to allocate resources and provide program support for the Small Business Education and Entrepreneurial Development (SEED) office.
- Establish a comprehensive strategic communications and marketing plan for the SEED (Small Business Education and Entrepreneurial Development) office
- Conduct stakeholder analysis to develop a deep understanding of the key stakeholder groups
- Develop strategies and implementation plans to publicize and promote the mission of the SEED across multiple audiences including biotechnology investors, investigators, and policy makers
- Coordinate and conduct activities related to long- and short-range planning; program and project development, implementation and evaluation; audience research; and translation and dissemination of information to audiences in a variety of formats.
- Lead branding activities for the SEED office, including development of marketing materials and re-developing key websites
- Advise on the most appropriate communication channels and messaging according to audience
- Participate in the creation of communications materials across multiple formats (i.e., via written, electronic, and audiovisual formats) to different audiences
- Work closely with subject matter experts and other colleagues to leverage knowledge and resources, ensure consistency of messages, and foster teamwork
- Serve as a communication touchpoint for all SEED activities and facilitate information sharing across offices.
- Provide expert knowledge and input on the development and management of media campaigns
- U.S. Citizenship
- Public Trust eligibility
- 7+ years of experience in strategic communications field, including change management, public affairs, content development, social media implementation, digital or print media, or tactical communications and marketing
- Possess deep understanding and familiarity with the small business and biotechnology sectors
- Ability to work both independently and collaborative under tight deadlines to translate ideas and concepts into professional communication products
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed